Monday 22 February 2010

Anthony Burrill

I have been following Anthony Burrill for some time now. I have been following him because he is still using some old letter press traditions.
I have a fondness of letter pressed typography. There is something that continuously draws me into them. I think it just the huge point size of the fonts or the fact that the simplicity is something I want to pursue in my own work. Also some of the letters have slight imperfections of the woodblock prints. I really enjoy the fact that Anthony is keeping alive some dying traditions. I once had ago go setting up a chase for letter press printing, and its very hard to set the type back to front and position the type adjusting the leading. I am currently saving up for some of the posters, but it will take me some time.



1 comment:

Anthony Burrill said...

Hi Jordan,

glad you like the woodblock posters.
send me your address and i'll post you some sample copies.

best wishes,
Anthony